Learn how to trade options profitably by joining John Carter’s elite insiders club of options traders worldwide. John Carter, an experienced professional options trader, leads community members through live trades daily while explaining profitable strategies, significant market opportunities and daily trading lessons. Together, newbies and experienced traders alike, share knowledge, experience and support one another in this active trading forum. You should join this community if you can answer ‘yes’ to any of the following:
- Are you a complete ‘newbie’ wanting to learn how to better leverage your money and protect your investments from market downturns by utilizing basic directional options strategies?
- Are you someone with Options experience, but want to find more innovative and creative trading strategies and specific ideas for additional profitable opportunities?
- Do you desire to engage in more complex trading strategies such as ratio spreads, pinning, gamma explosion and implied volatility crush?
- Do you seek a self learning environment where you are encouraged to discuss discipline issues and empower yourself to larger profits (although we will continue to offer strong support, daily trades and tips)?
- Are you looking for a community of active traders that share knowledge, support one another, yet with a structured hands on learning environment with step by step Options strategies advice?
- Do you need a complete Options trading universe where we cover everything from basic to fully advanced trading techniques along with all the tools and resources you need in ONE place?
Join John Carter in this unique environment where you get daily expert advice from a recognized professional options trader and inviting community of learners and teachers, supporters and facilitators. Learn everything you need to be a successful options trader from the comfort of your own home and at the pace you choose to learn!
Who is John Carter?
John F. Carter: Trader behind Simpler Options
John Carter’s father was a Morgan Stanley stock broker. One day during high school, John came home from the mall where he was working at a store making cookies. He had saved up $1000 over the course of a few months, and his dad told him that he and some of his friends were going to buy “some call options on Intel” the next day. Although he had no idea what they were talking about, it sounded good. He bought 10 call options at 75 cents, and sold them a few days later for $1.50, doubling his money. He was hooked and has been trading ever since–going on 20 years now.
After high school, John Carter studied at the University of Cambridge, England, then graduated from the University of Texas in Austin with degrees in History and Economics.
John Carter was never that intrigued by the brokerage side of the trading world. Instead, he liked to try and test various online trading strategies through college and well into his corporate jobs. He became quite adept at making money, though there were times when holding onto it turned out to be a problem. The road was not always easy and John learned his lessons the hard way like many day traders out there. If you’ve seen him speak at the Money Show or Traders Expos, then you’ve probably heard the story about “the house in Minnesota” which still makes him squirm just to talk about it and relive it to this day. After that experience, he came across Mark Douglas’s book, “The Disciplined Trader” and that helped to push him on the road to consistency.
John Carter eventually found a trading system he was satisfied with. He left corporate America to pursue full-time professional trading in 1998. After a few years of trading on his own, he eventually grew tired of day trading by himself in his office and chatting with his Arrowana (a large fish). He started to seek out other traders and post information online, which led to the launch of TradeTheMarkets.com.
John Carter today is a Commodity Trading Advisor with Razor Trading. Recently, McGraw Hill commissioned him to write a book entitled Mastering the Trade. Mastering the Trade by John F. Carter was released in January, 2006. Carter’s trading book soon climbed the charts at Amazon.com. Carter was also featured on ABC Money with his new online trading book “Mastering The Trade.”